women get social

Saturday, June 9, 2012

What?

Yesterday I heard a word that I haven't heard in a long time. Skeedaddle. Is this how you spell it? What does it mean? Go away or something? Older people have the funniest vocabulary. There's another phrase. Why don't we go truck farming? I found out through some die hard country friends that this means going to a produce market when the produce is on trucks. So instead of going to the farmers market, people go truck farming. I bet you haven't heard that one. Neither had I.
Of course theres going over yonder. Which translates to going over there. I'm sure there are a dozen or so more, I can't remember them.
So even though we all speak english, we all speak it in different ways. I guess you just have to grow up speaking what was taught to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment