women get social

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What a Day

A weird thing happened to me today. After I volunteered, I went out to lunch with this guy whom I used to work with. He's the one I blogged about recently. Anyway, when we got to the restaurant and sat down at the table the waiter came along. He was a very nice waiter and he and I started laughing because he told a joke.
Thats when the guy I used to work with said he wanted a female waitress. Our waiter said that all attendants had specific tables to wait on and if we were going to sit at this table, we would have him. Makes sense to me.
I looked at the waiter then back at my friend and then my friend said "You're not going to talk to another guy while I'm here." I was so surprised that I just stared at him for a minute. I thought to myself how weird. Then I looked at the waiter and said "I won't be ordering because I'm going." So I got up and left.
That was so "not right." And it scared me a little.
Years ago I used to date a guy who was like this. I remember one day my boyfriend told me that I wouldn't be able to defend myself if I pissed him off again. That was a huge red flag to get out of that relationship. So needless to say, I didn't want to hang around today with this guy who reminded me of that old relationship. It kind of makes you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment