women get social

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday

Gosh, I'm finally feeling back to normal. I did go out today to run some much needed errands, was a little tired when I got back. So, I think that the worst is definitely over. I hate being sick. It throws your whole life off. And I have major cabin fever. So, tomorrow it's back to the grind.
If you live in Alabama, especially in the Birmingham area, it's been hot. I mean hot. I was watching the news tonight and they said for the next five days starting on Thursday it's going to be in the triple digits with the heat. Augh... I guess I won't be going to the park this weekend.
It's funny my neighbors next door have had all of their potted plants strewn all over the front of the building. It's like a jungle out there. They act like their the only ones living here.
Oh I'm reading the best book. It's called "Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind." Ann Ross wrote it a few years ago. It has all of the old southern speech in it and it's about a widow woman who finds out her husband wasn't the "god fearing" man that he portrayed to be. She gets caught up in small town gossip and has to make some hard decisions. It doesn't sound funny, but it is. This is one of those books that you just can't put down.
I love those types of books. You get so involved in it.
Oh and I ran into the same old woman in the grocery store this morning that has stopped me before telling me how good it is to see me and how are the kids??? She did the same thing today.
I think old people are great. When I say old, I mean like 80yrs. old and above. This lady comes with her maid in tow. She's always touchy feely. Like touching my arm or patting my hand. She walks slumped over with a cane. And she's always dressed up with large earrings on. I guess when your're that old, looking your best is the golden rule.
I wonder how I will be at that age. Knowing me, I'll be in jeans, a teashirt and flip flops. I love my flip flops. I shouldn't wear them because I tend to fall over myself all the time. I'm not what you call graceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment