women get social

Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday

I can't believe it's already the 18th. of the month. Anyway, I talked to someone today that I haven't spoken to in years. At my volunteering job, in walks my friend. Well I say he's my friend because we used to cut up in court all the time. He was the probation officer assigned to the courtroom that I was.
He has recently been diagnosed with diabetes and has been real sick ever since.
He wasn't able to keep up with the work load of his job and was out sick all the time. So, he's on disability like I am and is now going to volunteer at the center I work at.
For hours, we caught up with our lives while he was being trained. It's just so good to see a familiar face.
He is single, newly divorced with no children. Not that I'm interested it's just good to know. Cause who knows what can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment