women get social

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hello there. I'm still looking for a job. Or should I say a life. Hehaw!!! No seriously, I've had a few nibbles,so we'll see what happens. Even though I miss Molly,my old cat, I decided to get another one. I went to a shelter called Save our Strays and found a 7/mos old kitten. She had been thrown from a moving car at 5/wks old . She had also been through 3 different foster cares which had resulted her being extremely shy. But I decided to adopt her anyway. She's a orange tabby and her name is Butterball. They told me that they named her Butterball because at 5/wks she was round and fluffy and she reminded them of a Butterball turkey. Since I have had her I have been calling her Bella. I will tell you that I have never seen such a shy cat before. I've had her for two weeks and she has just now been couragous enough to wonder around the house and play. She did let me pet her finally last night,but just for a moment. She's still not sure of me. So I'm learning patience. My blood sugars have been fine. But I have learned most recently that diabetics should have no deserts containing real sugar. I had gone to a birthday party for one of my friends and I had a chocolate cupcake. OOOhhh. it was sooooo good. I hadn't had anything like that for so long. Anyway, my blood sugar was 166 the next morning,thats after my insulin injection and my oral medication that I take. I don't think it would hurt to "occasionally" do that,but definately not everyday. Although I've been diagnosed with diabetes for 8/mos now, it's still learning curve. I'm still volunteering at the wildlife center. The other day I was helping to handle a raptor and I accidentally spranged my wrist. You wouldn't believe how strong those birds are. One funny thing that happened the other day,I met a really cute guy at the mailbox to my condo bldg. It's funny that my tastes in men has changed to salt and pepper gray hair. I guess when you get older your're attracted to older looking men. I'll be lucky if I marry at 50. Hehaw!!!! Well gotta feed Bella. Talk later.

No comments:

Post a Comment