women get social

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The needle... Boy, it looked so simple when the nurse was demonstrating how to inject myself. When I got home,I was a chicken!!! Just call me chicken doodle doo.Thank goodness my sister came over to help. When I opened the flexpen [the injecter] all I saw was that needle coming closer and closer to my stomach. I think I had one eye opened and one eye closed. But,I made it...It didn't hurt at all! But sometimes it does hurt.Sometimes I get bruises when I inject. Currently,my doctor wants me to decrease on the amount of insulin I inject to reach a total of 120 for my blood sugars. Thats on the fasting blood sugar. So far I haven't reached that so I'm down to 22 units . The decrease was resulted from the tests showing that my pancreas is making insulin now. So naturally I'm decreasing my insulin intake.
Oh before I forget, what was really funning on the night that I first injected. My cat,Molly got freaked out. She jumped on the bed,walking back and forth. She couldn't figure out what I was doing. I might mention here that she is a lap cat. Always in my face. Not wanting to be left out of anything. Now, she's used to it.Pricking my fingers everyday is a whole other matter. This actually hurts more. Sometimes my fingers are so sore. But I'm used to it also. All in all, it gets better with time....

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you. It is good to see you blogging! Love you! G

    ReplyDelete