women get social

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Boy,did I make a mistake yesterday. I didn't eat until 3pm and my blood sugar was 60. Not only is it important to watch what you eat,but you also have to eat when you're a diabetic.
The more time that goes by,the more aware I have become on the daily regamin I need to keep. For instance, excerise lowers your blood sugar,drinking plenty of water lowers your blood sugar and eating six small meals a day lowers your blood sugar. This has become a receipe for good weight management.
The injecting and pricking my fingers have now become a routine to my day. I don't dwell on it as I used to. I just do them and not think about it all the time. When I go out for the evening, I just take my flexpen with me and inject while I'm out. The key is to make it as simple as possible. When I first started the regamin,I wouldn't socialize. Now I have realized that I have to maintain a normal schedule. It's easy to fall into a "secluded" environment. I just have to remember that I need to continue to enjoy life as it comes and not hide from life. Well Molly is meowing and it's time to feed her. Talk to you later.

1 comment: