women get social

Friday, February 26, 2010

Boy, these "no sugar added" products are not a guarentee that your blood sugar won't go up. I have learned this by trial and error. Even though they are sugar free,they still have calories in them. Last night,I had 1cup of this ice cream and this morning my numbers were higher than I thought they would be. This is still a big learning curve for me. What lowers my numbers is excerise. So,each day I try and take a long walk. I also try to drink lots of water. What I have noticed the most about getting stable is my sleep. I used to not be able to sleep but 2 to 3hrs. a night. Now I'm sleeping at least 6 to 7hrs. per night. My energy level has also gone up. If you take care of yourself when you have diabetes,things get so much easier for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment