women get social

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Humm... What do I write about today. I think I've about covered whats it like living with diabetes so now I'll talk about the job market. Since I have been sick,I haven't looked for another job. But I'm just now beginning to again. I saw on the news this morning that Alabama is now 11% unemployed. That means that 223,000 people are without jobs. Since the recession,people have been laid off by the handfuls. Thats what happened to me. I had been working at the University for about 10/yrs. when I got laid off. It's slim pickins. Even going online hasn't been rewarding. If you think about it, the ratio per job is 10 people applying for the same job. Hopefully the recession will ease a bit to allow for more growth. If things don't change, I'll probably be looking for a retail position. Getting 2 to 3 small jobs just to pay the bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment