women get social

Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's been soo hard without my friend Molly. [cat] One of my friends had made me a scrapbook of Molly,so I'm often looking through it on a daily basis.
I got alittle sidetracked with my weight maintenance  program, so for the past two weeks I have been walking everyday. Yes, in this unbearable heat. So I try and walk real early in the morning. I have to admit also that my eating has not been perfect. I think I got so tired with eating chicken 6 x a day. So now I have been eating alot of fish and turkey. I have discovered that I like Salmon.
I had a Birthday party for one of my friends yesterday. Her favorite food is pizza, so we had pizza and cake. Thats real chocolate cake. Then I injected 30 units last night to compensate on the extra carbs I had. My blood sugar was 184 this morning. YIKES I think that is the highest level I've had since I have gotten my diabetes under control. My levels are usually running around 108 to 122. So, you can just imagine my surprise this morning. I knew it was going to be high but not that high.
My mother has a friend whose levels are always high. I can see now that they can be high if you eat like that all the time.
On the job front, I have been researching all last week online at different job sites to see what's out there. I think I'm going to concentrate on getting any job to start out with. Then progress to a higher money making job down the road. Its been awhile since I have worked,so I just need to get back into the swing of things.
I have started to volunteer again. I'm not doing it alot as I was before. At least it gets me out the house for awhile. The power is about to go off,there's a bad storm here. Talk later...

No comments:

Post a Comment